Security at Easy
Securing your data
We’re committed to the security of our customers’ data and provide protection for the personal and financial information for which you trust to Easy.
At Easy you have the flexibility to invite unlimited users into your account to collaborate on your data, and the person that holds the subscription has control over who has access and what they are able to do. Our support staff can access your account only if you allow to.
We provide standard access to the Easy webportal and mobile apps through a login and password. We suggest you to keep your password safe and change it every month to keep your accounts safe. In case you think your account is compromised immediately change your login details and contact our support team to get further help.
We encrypt all communication between you and Easy using industry leading SSL and TLS, protecting your personal and financial data. Your data is also encrypted at rest when it is stored on our servers.
Secure data centers
Our servers are located within UK’s top most enterprise-grade hosting facilities that employ robust physical security controls to prevent physical access to the servers they house. Our data center is equipped with 24/7/365 monitoring and surveillance, on-site security staff and regular ongoing security audits.
Easy is there when you need it, regardless of the day or time, or where you happen to be.
Best in class availability
With a record of 99.97% uptime, Easy delivers best-in-class availability. We use redundant hardware technology which means if any of the hardware or network fails, Easy still keeps running on redundant servers.
Disaster recovery and readiness
We keep backup of the data on remote location. This means if any disaster happen at our data center we still have access to all latest data and can easily restore the service.
Continuous upgrades and improvements
We’re constantly enhancing Easy, delivering new features and performance improvements. We release updates frequently and most of them don’t affect the normal service.
Take online safety seriously
Though at Easy we take security seriously, there is always a risk of being online. There are people and scammers always try to steal information. Easy suggests you few precautions to keep you safe while online.
Phishing and malicious emails
A phishing email is a favoured way for cyber criminals to get access to your sensitive information, such as your usernames and passwords, credit card details, bank account numbers, etc. This kind of email may look as if it has come from a trustworthy source, but will attempt to trick you into:
- Clicking on a link that will infect your computer with malicious software
- Following a link to a fake (but convincing looking) website that will steal your login details
- Opening an attachment that will infect your computer.
However, you can protect yourself and your business by being aware of these scams, and by knowing what to look for that may help you identify a malicious email:
- ncorrect spelling or grammar: legitimate organisations don’t always get it 100% right, but be suspicious of emails with basic errors.
- The actual linked URL is different from the one displayed – hover your mouse over any links in an email (DON’T CLICK) to see if the actual URL is different.
- The email asks for personal information that they should already have, or information that isn’t relevant to your business with them.
- The email calls for urgent action. For example, “Your bank account will be closed if you don’t respond right away”. If you are not sure and want to check, then go directly to the bank’s website via the URL you would normally use, or phone them. Don’t click on the link in the email. The email says you’ve won a competition you didn’t enter, have a parcel waiting that you didn’t order, or promises huge rewards for your help. On the internet, if it sounds too good to be true then it probably isn’t true.
- There are changes to how information is usually presented, for example an email is addressed to “Dear Sirs” or “Hello” instead of to you by name, the sending email address looks different or complex, or the content is not what you would usually expect.
If you receive any email communication that says from Easy but doesn’t look like trust worthy then please email us at email@example.com and we will help you out.